[Openmcl-devel] Snow Leopard snafu

Greg Pfeil greg at clozure.com
Tue Sep 1 09:40:35 PDT 2009

On 1 Sep 2009, at 12:20, Ron Garret wrote:

> OK, I get that I'm being a moron and I'm missing something obvious.
> But my house nearly burned down three days ago so I'm not really
> firing on all cylinders at the moment and would appreciate it if you
> could cut me a little slack here.  What is «the "with" component»?

The make-instance arguments get concatenated to create the Obj-C init
message name

	(make-instance 'foo :string "") becomes initString:

while

	(make-instance 'foo :with-string "") becomes initWithString:

The latter looks like how most init messages are named. So you
probably just need to chang :string to :with-string, and the behavior
shouldn't have anything to do with Snow Leopard.