[Openmcl-devel] A plug for nx1-combination-hook

Alexander Repenning ralex at cs.colorado.edu
Thu Sep 3 18:30:47 PDT 2009

On Sep 3, 2009, at 4:57 PM, Ron Garret wrote:

> potentially win some converts who might be on the fence between CL and
> Scheme

not sure how much of that fence still exists. With Scheme intro
courses even gone from MIT there is not much momentum left. When
playing with PLTscheme for a short while I found the performance and
even to some degree the IDE quite unconvincing compared to CCL. The
OpenGL examples in PLTscheme are downright embarrassing.

One can speculate why Scheme is is loosing ground. I am guessing it
has more to do with actual functionality, e.g., continuations really
are not a substitute for OOP, than with syntax.

cheers,  Alex

Prof. Alexander Repenning

University of Colorado
Computer Science Department