[Openmcl-devel] Grand Central Dispatch and CCL

Matthew D. Swank akopa at charter.net
Mon Sep 14 18:36:46 PDT 2009

On Mon, 14 Sep 2009 20:36:16 -0400
"R. Matthew Emerson" <rme at clozure.com> wrote:

> On Sep 14, 2009, at 6:47 PM, Matthew D. Swank wrote:
>
> > On Sat, 12 Sep 2009 22:19:55 -0500
> > "Matthew D. Swank" <akopa at charter.net> wrote:
> >
> >> Can Clozure-CL interact in any meaningful way with Grand Central
> >> Dispatch?  Is it possible to construct blocks to be scheduled from
> >> Lisp using the CCL ffi?

> The only thing I've seen to date that attempts to explain how blocks
> are implemented is
>
> http://clang.llvm.org/docs/BlockImplementation.txt

Thanks for the link. I've also been looking at the runtime
implementation, but I'm a little bit out of my depth.  I think I'm
handicapped in general by not knowing more about the objc runtime.

Matt
--
"You do not really understand something unless you can explain it to
your grandmother." -- Albert Einstein.