[Openmcl-devel] Couple Impl questions

Jon S. Anthony j-anthony at comcast.net
Fri Apr 2 14:30:12 PDT 2010

On Fri, 2010-04-02 at 14:08 -0400, R. Matthew Emerson wrote:
> On Apr 2, 2010, at 1:49 PM, Jon S. Anthony wrote:
> > Second question is simpler: are ivector elements always stored unboxed?
>
> I believe that's true in all cases.  You might expect fixnums and characters to be stored pre-boxed, as it were, but for some reason they aren't.

I would think there is a reason for this wrt potential foreign code
access (in particular the case of ivectors in foreign mem).  Similar
consideration in the case of binary writes of these to external storage.
Maybe these are not overly compelling, but my preference would be to
keep this as it is.

Just my two cents...

/Jon