[Openmcl-devel] getting starting with web development for ccl

R. Matthew Emerson rme at clozure.com
Thu Apr 8 21:16:42 PDT 2010

More than a few people seem to be interested in using lisp for web stuff.  There are interesting and useful lisp libraries for doing this, but sometimes it's a little hard to get started.

I started http://trac.clozure.com/ccl/wiki/WebDevelopment on the wiki.  It describes an easy way to install Hunchentoot and its dependencies.

There are already "get started with lisp and the web" pages out there.  One recent one is http://blog.postabon.com/a-simple-lisp-webapp-for-beginners.

These existing pages tend to use SBCL as the lisp implementation.  If you're new to the scene, I think this can be a little bit confusing for would-be CCL users.  I therefore think that it would be useful to have at least a little bit of wiki content that shows how to set things up with CCL.

Jump in and edit the wiki if you have something you'd like to share.  A couple of topics I can think of right off hand might be:
  * setting up clbuild for ccl
  * how to start a ccl-based program at boot-time (an adaptation of http://xach.livejournal.com/215066.html perhaps?)