[Openmcl-devel] memory

Bill St. Clair wws at clozure.com
Mon Apr 12 06:41:37 PDT 2010

Then again, he may just want to know the storage necessary for the
instance itself, much like sizeof in C. I believe the following does that:

(defun words-to-bytes (words)
  (let ((bytes-per-word #+64-bit-target 8 #+32-bit-target 4))
    (* 8 (ceiling (* bytes-per-word words) 8))))

(defun instance-size (instance)
  (assert (ccl::standard-instance-p instance))
  (+ (words-to-bytes (ccl:uvsize instance))
     (words-to-bytes (ccl:uvsize (ccl::instance.slots instance)))))