[Openmcl-devel] memory

Pascal J. Bourguignon pjb at informatimago.com
Mon Apr 12 08:44:52 PDT 2010

Joakim Sandgren <joakim at joakimsandgren.com> writes:

> In my case I have an object that contains all structures and data for a
> whole musical composition.

You should have read more closely the answers.  Your object does not
"contain" anything.  It just refers other lisp objects.

> parts, measures, notes, pitchvalues mapping tables...
> It would be good to be able to see the "footprint" of different types of
> solution.

Then define your own footprint method to compute it!

Otherwise, you can use the CL:ROOM function to have an idea of the
global memory usage.

> as you are always confronted with either big size and high speed, or
> smaller size and more calculations and then slower speed.

This is not something that you can usefully measure on one instance
either.  I find it often easier and less error prone to analyze the
program and determine the time and space complexity thinking than
experimenting...

--
__Pascal Bourguignon__