[Openmcl-devel] IDE build-app interface?

Paul Krueger plkrueger at comcast.net
Fri Apr 30 12:48:33 PDT 2010

On Apr 30, 2010, at 12:26 PM, Gail Zacharias wrote:

> As long as you're collecting a wish list.... Currently, hemlock is
> only available as a window.  It would be really great to have it
> available as a view, i.e. something that could be added to
> application windows.

Noted. I probably wouldn't do this all by itself, but in the context
of other changes I might make this seems fairly reasonable. It might
even make other things easier to do. I'll certainly keep it in mind as
I wander through the code.

As a side note, I'm curious about the best process to take if I start
modifying code outside of my own contrib directory. I don't have the
ability to test on all the platforms where the IDE runs, so how
exactly should I go about making such changes available to Clozure for
validation? I presume that you would ultimately decide whether my
changes should be accepted and commit them to the trunk. Is it
possible to create a different branch or something for this work that
could be merged back when you see fit?

Paul