[Openmcl-devel] [Clozure CL] #706: out-of-bounds errors with SLOT-VECTORs

R. Matthew Emerson rme at clozure.com
Mon Aug 23 09:44:58 PDT 2010

On Aug 23, 2010, at 12:22 PM, Arthur Cater wrote:

> Thanks for that explanation. However, I don't think it addresses the issue of
> an image file for 'r14204' giving rise to an implementation-version of 'r14125M'.
>
> I checked out a wholly-new trunk, and still got r14125M
>
> Mine is a 32-bit ppc, if that matters.

When building a heap image, we note the current svn revision of the sources.  In other words, the revision number of the source tree from which the checked-in heap image was built is r14125M.  (Subversion revision numbers are the revision of the whole tree;  they are not associated with individual files.  See "Global Revision Numbers" at http://svnbook.red-bean.com/en/1.5/svn.basic.in-action.html)

For the trunk especially, the checked-in binaries are there primarily for bootstrapping:  you need them to build the lisp from source code.

So, after you check out the sources, start up the lisp and run (rebuild-ccl :full t).  When you start up from this new image, you'll be up-to-date (and the banner message that will be printed out when the lisp starts up will reflect this).