[Openmcl-devel] CA Demos

Raffael Cavallaro raffaelcavallaro at mac.com
Sun Aug 29 07:17:14 PDT 2010

On Aug 29, 2010, at 12:19 AM, Neil Baylis wrote:

> I've attached my current versions of two demos that I'm planning to submit to the ccl contribs. If you have the time and inclination, I'd be grateful if you could give them a quick test on whatever systems you have at your disposal.

For Neil, as well as anyone else following this on the openmcl-devel list, both demos work as expected on my sytem, a macbook pro running 10.6.4. Thanks for reworking these Neil!

FWIW, you probably don't want to use the NSOperationQueue hack I posted since it will only distinguish between 10.5 and 1.6 (i.e., NSOperationQueue doesn't exist at all in 10.4 and earlier). Instead, following Gary Palter's suggestion, you probably want to use software version to get the Mac OS X major version number:

(defun split-string (string &key (separator " "))
        (loop for i = 0 then (1+ j)
          as j = (position (aref separator 0) string :start i)
          collect (subseq string i j)
          while j))

(defun mac-os-x-major-version ()
  "returns a number"
  (let* ((raw-version (software-version))
         (split-version (split-string raw-version :separator ".")))
    (- (read-from-string (first split-version)) 4)))

Then just test for a major version greater than 5 (i.e., 10.6 or higher).

warmest regards,

Ralph

Raffael Cavallaro
raffaelcavallaro at me.com