[Openmcl-devel] Interactive cocoa programming

Christian Lynbech clynbech at gmail.com
Thu Dec 2 12:30:20 PST 2010

I am trying to get started with cocoa programming in ccl and I think I
have understood the currency converter demo but I am unsure how to get
back some sort of REPL access such that I my interact with the
application.

Taking the currency converter demo, one approach would be to make it open a
listener window as well as the main application window; that would allow
me to poke around in the running application.

Alternatively, I could perhaps start out from an interactive session,
for instance via slime. If I (require "COCOA"), I get a new listener
window but how can I then load my NIB and initialize the cocoa part?

I guess I could even preload swank, start a swank listener as part of
application initialization and then subsequently connect from
emacs/slime to the running application.

What's a good approach?

Christian Lynbech       | christian #\@ defun #\. dk