[Openmcl-devel] Teaching the editor to indent (probably an idiot question)

Gail Zacharias gz at clozure.com
Tue Feb 2 07:00:25 PST 2010

At 2/2/2010 07:07 AM, Tim Bradshaw wrote:
>Is there any easy way to teach the editor to indent things which it
>does not already know how to indent?
>
>I think what I mean by this is: is there anything one can put in a
>Lisp source file which will tell the editor how to indent things in
>that file, or do I need to maintain a separate init file with
>defindent (?) forms?

You can put the defindent in the source file, e.g.

(eval-when (:compile-toplevel :execute :load-toplevel)
   (hemlock-interface:defindent ...))

If you care about being able to compile and/or load the file into a
bare command line lisp, you'd want to wrap that in something that
does nothing if hemlock is not present.