[Openmcl-devel] *features*: which keyword to use when conditionalizing code for Clozure CL?

Adlai Chandrasekhar munchking at gmail.com
Mon Feb 15 03:25:50 PST 2010

On Mon, 15 Feb 2010, R.Stoye wrote:
> since :opemcl is reserved for the opensource variant of MCL:

Actually, I'm not sure of that -- CCL pushes many *FEATURES* of the form :OPENMCL-FOO.

> is :clozure appropriate or should i use :clozure-common-lisp

I think the latter is the most definitive indicator of CCL. Also, there are specific version indicators:

   ? (remove-if-not (lambda (feature) (search "CCL-" (string feature))) *features*)
   (:CCL-1.2 :CCL-1.3 :CCL-1.4)

Maybe these should be renamed to :CCL>=1.2, :CCL>=1.3, etc, but these versions are still there.

  - Adlai