[Openmcl-devel] Latest trunk (r13464) build issue??

Jon S. Anthony j-anthony at comcast.net
Fri Feb 26 09:20:54 PST 2010

On Fri, 2010-02-26 at 09:48 -0700, Gary Byers wrote:

> On Fri, 26 Feb 2010, Jon S. Anthony wrote:
> Just continue from the constant-redefinition CERROR (via :GO or (:C 2)).
> If you choose to skip compiling the file, the fasloader will later
> try to complain that the FASL file is missing; the lisp image that
> this happens in is in the process of bootstrapping itself and hasn't
> yet developed communication skills.

OK, I'll do that.  But I'm curious - why is a X8632 target
compiling/loading X8664-arch definitions?  The hack I tried (and seems
to work for some value of "work") was to replace the x8664-arch.lisp
file contents with just a defpackage "X8664" and an (in-package
"X8664").

The only warnings were about the random number generator:

 ;Compiler warnings for "ccl:l1;l1-numbers.lisp.newest" :
;   In INITIALIZE-MRG31K3P-STATE: Undeclared free variable
MRG31K3P-LIMIT (2 references)
;   In RANDOM-MRG31K3P-STATE: Undeclared free variable MRG31K3P-LIMIT

;Compiler warnings for
"/opt/CCL/ccl-1.5-r13464/ccl/level-0/l0-numbers.lisp" :
;   In RANDOM: Undefined function %MRG31K3P
;   In %BIGNUM-RANDOM: Undefined function %MRG31K3P
;   In %BIGNUM-RANDOM: Undefined function %MRG31K3P
;   In %16-RANDOM-BITS: Undefined function %MRG31K3P

and something that looks rather more ominous:

;Compiler warnings for "ccl:lib;misc.lisp.newest" :
;   In HEAP-UTILIZATION: In the call to COLLECT-HEAP-UTILIZATION with
arguments (:GC-FIRST GC-FIRST :START START :AREA AREA :CLASSES CLASSES),
;     the keyword argument :START is not one of
#(:GC-FIRST :AREA :CLASSES), which are recognized by the current global
definition of COLLECT-HEAP-UTILIZATION
;   In COLLECT-HEAP-UTILIZATION: In the call to
COLLECT-HEAP-UTILIZATION-BY-CLASS with arguments (GC-FIRST AREA START),
;     3 arguments were provided, but at most 2 are accepted
;     by the current global definition of
COLLECT-HEAP-UTILIZATION-BY-CLASS
;   In COLLECT-HEAP-UTILIZATION: In the call to
COLLECT-HEAP-UTILIZATION-BY-TYPECODE with arguments (GC-FIRST AREA
START),
;     3 arguments were provided, but at most 2 are accepted
;     by the current global definition of
COLLECT-HEAP-UTILIZATION-BY-TYPECODE

Sometime later after getting everything from scratch and typing :go at
the initial break:

Seems to complete just like with the x8664-arch.lisp replacement hack -
same warnings and then finishes just as before.  The *heap-utilization
stuff looks worrisome.  Any info on that?

/Jon