[Openmcl-devel] contributing to ccl

R. Matthew Emerson rme at clozure.com
Wed Jan 13 13:27:48 PST 2010

From another thread:

On Jan 9, 2010, at 6:57 PM, Philippe Sismondi wrote:

> I checked the clozure.com site, and infer from it that the majority of work on ccl is done by Clozure folks.

That's true.

> Is there much contribution from others? How are changes/additions prioritized, aside from getting paid? (Paid work is of course priority work - no criticism intended!)

Maybe it looks like CCL is a "private club" where outsiders aren't welcome.  I hope that's not the case.

Users sometimes do send patches (thanks, users!), and I hope that we're reasonably good about applying them.  We also can provide write access to the svn repository (http://trac.clozure.com/ccl/wiki/WriteAccess).

Writing Trac tickets for bugs or enhancements is contributing, too.