[Openmcl-devel] missing .emacs file

mark robare mark_robare at charter.net
Wed Jan 20 13:57:20 PST 2010

don

http://trac.clozure.com/ccl/wiki/InstallingSlime

on this page I didn't notice it at first but it says if you don't have the
file you need to create one

was the same problem (plus spelling) mistake I had

mark

Message: 1

Date: Wed, 20 Jan 2010 09:21:26 -0700

From: Donald Winiecki <dwiniecki at boisestate.edu>

Subject: [Openmcl-devel] Setting up CCL to run under SLIME in Ubuntu

      9.10

To: openmcl-devel at clozure.com

      <31d3a7be1001200821o1611d30ai48e918a03336389a at mail.gmail.com>

Greetings,

I am new to Linux and would like to set up CCL to run under SLIME in Emacs

(23.1.1) on my Ubuntu 9.10 setup.

I think due to my unfamiliarity with the ways Linux does things I'm lost on
following the directions posted on the CCL Wiki for doing this (
http://trac.clozure.com/ccl/wiki/InstallingSlime).

In particular, I can't find the .emacs file on my installation, and thus
don't know where to put the fragment of code listed on the above web page.

I have installed CCL per directions on the Wiki and can invoke it from the
terminal window.

Other handholding may be necessary.  Even though I have Linux users nearby,
nobody is using CCL for their work and, at any rate, would like to open a
connection with other CCL users.

At present, when I invoke SLIME, it opens with SBCL.  This isn't necessarily
a bad thing, but I have some MCL code from years and years ago that I'd like
to get back to and I figure it would be less troublesome to use CCL due to
its relation to MCL.

Best regards,

_don