[Openmcl-devel] Error on macro character after sharpsign colon

Ron Garret ron at flownet.com
Sun Jan 31 12:21:06 PST 2010

Just FYI, I ended up doing this as a temporary fix:

(make-package "scratch package")

(set-dispatch-macro-character
 #\# #\:
 (lambda (stream c1 c2)
   (declare (ignore c1 c2))
   (let* ((p #.(find-package "scratch package"))
          (s (let ((*package* p)) (read stream))))
     (if (symbolp s)
       (progn (unintern s p) s)
       (error "Illegal symbol name: ~A" s)))))

Or maybe not so temporary.  This might be the Right Answer.  I haven't really thought it through.

rg