[Openmcl-devel] I need Cocoa graphics help

Arthur Cater arthur.cater at ucd.ie
Mon Jul 19 07:41:33 PDT 2010

My thanks to those who have replied already: Paul, Raffael, Gary.

I'm loading the Quartz framework, which I think subsumes QuartzCore.
Am I wrong?

I'll look at the resources you have mentioned.

Meanwhile, if anyone wants to look at the state of play, I have put my
attempt
into  http://csiweb.ucd.ie/staff/acater/CCLProblem/layers3.lisp
so as not to clog up everybody's mail.

It is around 220 lines. I run it in a cocoa-application image. (TRY)
makes it run.
What I'm trying to do is get two layers in a view, one with a grid of
lines and the
other with a partially-transparent shaded area - just a proof of
concept (well, disproof!)

It does not crash my ccl 1.5-r13651  (DarwinPPC32) because the
offending lines are
commented out. It does provide logging messages, each with a 1-second
delay, some
printed to the listener and others to AltConsole, presumably because
of involvement
of different threads.

I note that the drawRect: method I've written seems not to get called.

Arthur