[Openmcl-devel] differences from os10.5.... to 10.6...

Arthur Cater arthur.cater at ucd.ie
Fri Jul 23 09:01:07 PDT 2010

I've been told the demo of layered-view.lisp I contributed a few days
back does not
work properly on a Darwin64 machine with Mac OS 10.6.3; it does work
on my
own Darwin64 with 10.5.8.

Has anyone heard elsewhere any reports of Core Animation layers behaving
differently in Snow Leopard? Has anyone any other ideas for why that
demo
would fail to work on some newer machines?

The symptom seems to be that the lower layer is obscured by the one on
top,
even though the top one (a) does not draw everywhere and (b) where it
does draw,
it draws a partially transparent colour.  (#/setIgnoresAlpha: ns:ns-
color nil) has been
evaluated.

Arthur