[Openmcl-devel] INVOKE-RESTART bug

Daniel Weinreb dlw at itasoftware.com
Mon Jun 21 14:29:38 PDT 2010

Tim Bradshaw wrote:
> On 19 Jun 2010, at 20:39, Stelian Ionescu wrote:
>

>> I'd rather not start arguing about the interpretation of the standard,
>> but think of what is the most useful choice of implementation.
>>

> I'm not sure what the argument is here, but I would certainly want it
> to be the case that if the test function returns NIL then that restart
> absolutely can not be invoked, by anything.  To my mind that's what
> the test function is for: it's a way of programmatically saying that
> although this restart is dynamically in scope, I don't want it to be
> available.

But what if the test function isn't called at all, because
the program called find-restart, compute-restart, or
invoke-restart without passing any condition argument?

Taking what you said literally, "if the function returns
nil" implies that the function is called at all, but I'm
not sure if you meant that.

The restart mechanism is only loosely coupled to the
concept of conditions.

-- Dan