[Openmcl-devel] #407 : reiterating interest in ccl on ec2

james anderson james.anderson at setf.de
Mon Mar 1 10:19:00 PST 2010

good evening;

my goal here is to get ccl to run on ec2.

On 2010-03-01, at 19:09 , Gail Zacharias wrote:

> At 3/1/2010 12:46 PM, Gary Byers wrote:
>> The person who reported the bug originally opened a report in
>> Amazon's
>> bug tracking system; I've seen the report but can't find the URL
>> at the
>> moment.
>
> http://developer.amazonwebservices.com/connect/thread.jspa?
> messageID=114524

they have paid not attention to this, and have not responded to past
messages enquiring about it.

the pointer in the track issue to an ami with a more recent canonical/
ubuntu kernel is promising.
no ami which i have found to use to start an instance appears to be
recent enough as the test program still behaves anomalously.

would someone have an ami id for a sufficiently recent kernel?

>> The little C test program demonstrates that a program that
>> executes an
>> 'int $0xc5' instruction while running on EC2 hangs without invoking a
>> handler for the signal that that instruction is expected to generate.
>>
>> It might be interesting to someone that aynchronous signals sent to
>> some thread in the process cause a handler to be invoked or that 'int
>> $n' instructions for other values of n cause synchronous signals
>> to be
>> raised, but that isn't really the issue here, is it ?

if i could answer that, in particular, sufficiently well to give
amazon a bug report which they would act upon, i would not have
reopened the bug.