[Openmcl-devel] Watch function bug?

Adam Getchell adam.getchell at gmail.com
Wed Mar 24 18:35:47 PDT 2010

On Wed, Mar 24, 2010 at 6:09 PM, R. Matthew Emerson <rme at clozure.com> wrote:

> Anyway, you want ccl::watch and ccl::unwatch (note double colons).  I
> forgot to export those symbols.  I checked in a fix to the trunk just now.
>
> Thanks, I just updated via SVN and tried again:

adam at ubuntu:~$ ./ccl64
Welcome to Clozure Common Lisp Version 1.4-r13556M  (LinuxX8664)!
? (defvar *s* "xxxxx")
*S*
? (watch *s*)
> Error: Undefined function WATCH called with arguments ("xxxxx") .
> While executing: CCL::TOPLEVEL-EVAL, in process listener(1).
> Type :GO to continue, :POP to abort, :R for a list of available restarts.
> If continued: Retry applying WATCH to ("xxxxx").
> Type :? for other options.
1 >

Using ccl::watch gives a bit different output?

? (ccl::watch *s*)
"xxxxx"
? (setf (char *s* 3) #\o)
(@ -5 (% r15) (% rcx))) #x30004121E95D>
> While executing: CCL::SET-CHAR, in process listener(1).
> Error: Undefined function CCL::X86-CAN-EMULATE-INSTRUCTION called with
arguments (#<X86-DISASSEMBLED-INSTRUCTION (movl (% eax) (@ -5 (% r15) (%
rcx))) #x30004121E95D>) .
> While executing: (:INTERNAL CCL::XCMAIN), in process listener(1).
> Type :GO to continue, :POP to abort, :R for a list of available restarts.
> If continued: Retry applying CCL::X86-CAN-EMULATE-INSTRUCTION to
(#<X86-DISASSEMBLED-INSTRUCTION (movl (% eax) (@ -5 (% r15) (% rcx)))
#x30004121E95D>).
> Type :? for other options.
1 >

Not sure if this is correct or not.

Thanks again,

Adam Getchell
--
"Invincibility is in oneself, vulnerability in the opponent." -- Sun Tzu