[Openmcl-devel] foreign fn call

Philippe Sismondi psismondi at arqux.com
Sun Mar 28 18:26:29 PDT 2010

I have taken a month or two away from CL to learn obj-c/cocoa so that I can use the cocoa bridge more knowledgeably. Now I am reading up on foreign functions etc. in the ccl documentation.

Question:

The ccl doc section 12.12 The Foreign-Function-Interface Dictionary gives this example:

(with-cstrs ((format-string "the answer is: %d"))
          (#_printf format-string :int answer))

This just returns an integer (19) when I key it in to ccl. Should I expect it to print what it looks like it would print? What else must I do here? (I had set 'answer' to an integer value.)

- Phil -