[Openmcl-devel] Every C-\ creates a crash report

R. Matthew Emerson rme at clozure.com
Mon May 3 17:15:09 PDT 2010

On May 3, 2010, at 6:49 AM, Leo wrote:

> On 2010-04-15 13:10 +0100, Gary Byers wrote:
>> (If you type a ^T to a program running in a terminal, it'll ordinarily
>> print some information about the program and system performance; if
>> you type a ^C, the program will receive an "interrupt" signal, and
>> rather than listen to someone enumerate the process control and simple
>> editing functions that're built in to the tty driver and the
>> characters that invoke those functions, you can do "stty -a" to see
>> for yourself.)
>
> Thank you for the note. I've just found that three C-d's terminates ccl
> without generating a crash report.

The "official" (for some value of official) way to quit
ccl is (ccl:quit).

If you type ^D (1+ ccl::*consecutive-eof-limit*) times,
the lisp will exit, as you note.  This was added to avoid
trouble when *standard-input* is connected to /dev/null
or something like that.

As another option: you can set ccl:*quit-on-eof* to t, and
it will only take one ^D to exit the lisp.