[Openmcl-devel] release/autorelease question

John DeSoi desoi at pgedit.com
Tue May 4 17:25:45 PDT 2010

I was looking at gui::lookup-hyperspec-symbol and noticed a couple of calls to %make-nsstring that do not appear to be released or autoreleased. Is this a memory leak or do I still not completely get Cocoa memory management? I think both cases are equally likely :).

Thanks,

John

====

(defun lookup-hyperspec-symbol (symbol doc)
  (let* ((relative-url (gethash symbol (hyperspec-map-hash doc))))
    (when relative-url
      (let* ((url (#/absoluteURL
                   (make-instance 'ns:ns-url
                                  :with-string (%make-nsstring relative-url)
                                  :relative-to-url *hyperspec-map-sym-url*))))

John DeSoi, Ph.D.