[Openmcl-devel] Not starting SBCL

R. Matthew Emerson rme at clozure.com
Tue May 18 09:44:25 PDT 2010

On May 17, 2010, at 11:10 PM, Greg Bennett wrote:

> On Ubuntu 64bit I have downloaded emacs and slime via apt-get.

I will venture to point out that that http://trac.clozure.com/ccl/wiki/InstallingSlime notes that the Slime developers recommend that users run the CVS version of Slime.  You might try uninstalling the packaged Slime (via apt-get purge), and installing the CVS Slime: http://common-lisp.net/project/slime/#downloading.

If you do that, I would expect that your configuration will work.