[Openmcl-devel] [info-mcl] MCL 6.0 preview

Ron Garret ron at flownet.com
Mon Nov 8 11:03:20 PST 2010

On Nov 8, 2010, at 10:43 AM, Terje Norderhaug wrote:

> On Nov 8, 2010, at 7:54 AM, Ron Garret wrote:
>> I'd say it's freakin' amazing that MCL is still alive.  This is a 25 year old development system.  Not only is it still usable, but it even has at least one feature (interface builder) that is still unmatched in contemporary systems AFAIK.
>
> MCL still stays strong for experimenting with user interfaces and prototyping. It continues to amaze me how easy it is to modify the internals of MCL to create new user experiences.

BTW, I would love to see Interface Builder reproduced in CCL.  It would be particularly cool in this day and age to be able to build a UI using an IFB workalike, and then be able to render that interface as a web form.  I don't have time to work on this myself, but I'd be happy to pay someone else to do it.  So if there's anyone out there looking for contract work who wants to tackle this please contact me.

rg