[Openmcl-devel] [info-mcl] MCL 6.0 preview

Robert Goldman rpgoldman at sift.info
Tue Nov 9 09:44:59 PST 2010

Maybe when this is checked in, Paul and/or the Clozure gang can offer a
tutorial at an upcoming ILC!

But please don't assume that we all know IB and Objective C!  It's OK if
the tool is primarily for people who know Objective C --- a fully-lisp
approach is probably not realistic.  But invite the rest of us to join you!

Right now there's a huge up-front cost that I'd have to bite off on
faith.  I'd have to learn a lot about Objective C and Cocoa, hoping that
it will let me do something cool.  I have to weigh this against, e.g.,
sinking that time in to the browser platform, Gtk, qt, or the Java
platform (say if I want to use ABCL, kawa, or Clojure).  It'd be a lot
easier if we knew for sure there was something cool at the end of the
tunnel...

Best,