[Openmcl-devel] save-application and mcclim

R. Matthew Emerson rme at clozure.com
Sun Nov 14 01:45:04 UTC 2010


On Nov 13, 2010, at 7:50 PM, James Ashley wrote:

> Oops, that probably wasn't a good test-case (as far as the file sizes
> go). I have things set up to load quicklisp automatically on startup
> now. Which is probably muddying the waters, but may also express
> another symptom.
> 
> Get rid of the .init that loads quicklisp automatically. Do
> (defparameter *check* 9) and (save-application "whatever") again.
> 
> The image file is 26104048 bytes this time. Same error on *check*.

What you are trying to do does work:

$ ccl -n
Welcome to Clozure Common Lisp Version 1.7-dev-r14422  (DarwinX8664)!
? (defparameter *foo* 12)
*FOO*
? (save-application "/tmp/foo.image")
$ ccl -n -I /tmp/foo.image
Welcome to Clozure Common Lisp Version 1.7-dev-r14422  (DarwinX8664)!
? *foo*
12
? 

Try seeing what the value of ccl:*heap-image-name* is when you start the lisp to make sure that you're loading the image that you intend to.



> ---------- Forwarded message ----------
> From: James Ashley <james.ashley at gmail.com>
> Date: Sat, Nov 13, 2010 at 6:11 PM
> Subject: save-application and mcclim
> To: openmcl-devel at clozure.com
> 
> 
> Howdy, everyone. n00b warning.
> 
> This could very well be the totally wrong list for this topic. Or
> maybe it's an FAQ that I missed. Or maybe google did a horrible job
> digging back through the archives. If that's the case, I apologize.
> Somehow, I don't think this is the case.
> 
> I'm trying to get a ccl environment up and running on linux (yes, I
> know). I got the kernel and image running (seems to be working
> fine...emacs and slime seem to be perfectly happy, even if several of
> the examples have issues...I figure one of the best things I can do to
> learn/contribute is to figure out what those issues are and how to fix
> them).
> 
> Then I installed quicklisp (I know, beta, 3rd-party, unsupported
> software, bear with me), set it up to load automatically, and used it
> to install climacs (*sigh*...yes, I *know*).
> 
> Up to this point, everything's working great.
> 
> climacs takes forever to load, so I did a (save-application
> "whatever"). Then replaced the image file in the directory with my
> kernel with that file.  Restart...no climacs.
> 
> So, I restarted with a basic image.
> 
> (defparameter *check* 9)
> (save-application "whatever")
> 
> Restart emacs and slime.
> 
> *check* -> "Unbound variable *check*\n\t[Condition of type UNBOUND-VARIABLE]"
> 
> (yes, I've spent way too long in the c++ world).
> 
> The images that are being created are significantly bigger than
> default supplied ones. 66666736 bytes for the "with clim" one and
> 28303600 bytes for the "with a dynamic variable" one, as opposed to
> 735459 for the original. Not that I care about that...it just seems
> like it might be a symptom.




More information about the Openmcl-devel mailing list