[Openmcl-devel] Sudden increment in executable image size.

Kaz Kylheku kaz at kylheku.com
Thu Nov 18 09:05:38 PST 2010

On Thu, 18 Nov 2010 07:21:09 -0800, Kaz Kylheku <kaz at kylheku.com>
wrote:
> On Thu, 18 Nov 2010 09:01:29 -0500, Gail Zacharias <gz at clozure.com>
> wrote:
>> What os version are you on? And what version of the C compiler?  I was
>> seeing a similar problem a while back and it turned out it was a C
>> compiler bug.
>
> I'm using CCL from the release 1.5 tarball, r13651.

Just fetched the SVN trunk. The problem reproduces.

I tried with the executable in SVN, and also with a locally rebuilt
kernel using the latest Cygwin gcc (which I just fetched; I don't have
devel tools on Cygwin).

Hmm, Cygwin's "gcc" is 3.4.4. How conservative! GCC 3 was end-of-lifed
several years ago. At least they could use 3.4.6, the final
version of gcc 3, sheesh.

This means that we are all probably using the same compiler for
building CCL on Windows. The Makefile wants Cygwin, and Cygwin's
GCC is a sitting duck of a target.

I will try a different gcc, to test the compiler bug hypothesis.