[Openmcl-devel] mystery SEGV starting 64bit ccl on linux

Gary Byers gb at clozure.com
Thu Nov 18 16:04:50 PST 2010

On Thu, 18 Nov 2010, Bit Twiddler wrote:

> I'm still not sure what the problem is, since I've been dealing
> with so many different versions of ccl over the last few days.
>
> I distinctly remember seeing MAP_GROWSDOWN in the
> call to mmap() from MapMemoryForStack(), but I just looked
> in the 1.5 release, and it isn't there. So, I must have been
> running something else.

It was removed from the SVN sources after 1.5 was released
(and after the Linux kernel change's effects started getting
reported.)

If you've built the lisp kernel from recent sources, the
MAP_GROWSDOWN should be gone.  If you're unsure, it wouldn't
hurt to build it again, just to be sure.  (That's especially
true if the problem is intermittent.)