[Openmcl-devel] Windows port: how to get rid of pesky console.

Kaz Kylheku kaz at kylheku.com
Sat Oct 23 11:32:49 PDT 2010

Clozure is a console application on Windows. If it is invoked outside
of a
console, one is created for it.

I was going to ask, ``Is there a way to suppress that?''

But it turns out, there is another solution in my situation.

The program I'm working on will be activated via a launcher/manager
program that I just developed yesterday (a small
Visual C++ program that represents the background application as an
icon in the system tray).

In the CreateProcess call to invoke the background Lisp, I just tried
using CREATE_NO_WINDOW, and this works just fine: no console!

The same trick could be used in a small wrapper program.

Doing it this way is good because there are obvious advantages
to keeping the Lisp program itself as a console app.