[Openmcl-devel] Windows port: how to get rid of pesky console.

Kaz Kylheku kaz at kylheku.com
Sat Oct 23 13:09:46 PDT 2010

On Sat, 23 Oct 2010 14:19:57 -0500, "Matthew D. Swank"
<akopa.gmane.poster at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 10/23/2010 01:32 PM, Kaz Kylheku wrote:
>> Clozure is a console application on Windows. If it is invoked outside
>> of a
>> console, one is created for it.
> (save-application ... :windows-target :gui)

I don't see that keyword in the release 1.5 version downloaded from the
tarball,
or in the hosted online docs.

? (describe 'save-application)
SAVE-APPLICATION
Type: SYMBOL
Class: #<BUILT-IN-CLASS SYMBOL>
Function
EXTERNAL in package: #<Package "CCL">
Print name: "SAVE-APPLICATION"
Value: #<Unbound>
Function: #<Compiled-function SAVE-APPLICATION #x49AAA26>
Arglist: (CCL::FILENAME &REST REST &KEY :TOPLEVEL-FUNCTION :INIT-FILE
          :ERROR-HANDLER :APPLICATION-CLASS :CLEAR-CLOS-CACHES :PURIFY
          :IMPURIFY :MODE :PREPEND-KERNEL :APPLICATION-TYPE)
Plist: NIL
?

Is this on the development trunk only?

In any case, I will probably keep things the way they are. I do
want the image to automatically have a console when I run it
manually outside of my manager program. Good for debugging.