[Openmcl-devel] Listener spawning (tiny problem)

Gary Byers gb at clozure.com
Tue Sep 7 06:01:44 PDT 2010

It should have been fixed in r14234, which was checked in a few hours ago.

It was actually introduced in r14216; see

<http://trac.clozure.com/ccl/wiki/ReleaseNotes/Trunk>.  Among other
things, that change means that it's possible to have "listener
documents" whose window is hidden, which means that things like C-x
C-c now try to find "the frontmost visible listener", which may not
be the same thing as "the frontmost listener".

For obscure reasons that aren't too interesting, the presence of an
inspector window (which doesn't have any sort of document associated
with it) in front of the listener kept the listener from being found
(and caused C-x C-c and variants to conclude that a new listener needed
to be created.)  Other kinds of windows which didn't display "documents"
would have had a similar effect (if they were above any visible listeners.)