[Openmcl-devel] Beginner bugs?

Willem Rein Oudshoorn woudshoo at xs4all.nl
Wed Sep 8 13:14:44 PDT 2010

Stas Boukarev <stassats at gmail.com> writes:

> Willem Rein Oudshoorn <woudshoo at xs4all.nl> writes:
>
>> 2. Mysterious make-instance behaviour in Obj-C callbackes
[text snipped]

>> (defclass point-b ()
>>   ((x :initform 0.0d0 :initarg :x :type 'double-float)
>>    (y :initform 0.0d0 :initarg :y :type 'double-float)))

> It should be double-float, not 'double-float.

Thanks you, that works.  (I normally never use type declarations, so I
tend to forget the syntax and try the first thing that comes to mind.)

What I find curious however is that in the listener:

(make-instance 'point-b :x 12.0 :y 13.0)

works, it returns an instance.  But from the doClick: handler it does
not.    But I guess that falls in the realm of undefined behaviour.

Thanks again,
Wim Oudshoorn.