[Openmcl-devel] FORCE-OUTPUT in (STREAM-READ-LINE ECHOING-TWO-WAY-STREAM)

Scott L. Burson Scott at sympoiesis.com
Sun Sep 12 21:45:39 PDT 2010

If you look in level-1/l1-streams.lisp, you will find two methods on
ECHOING-TWO-WAY-STREAM, STREAM-READ-CHAR and STREAM-READ-LINE.
STREAM-READ-CHAR includes a FORCE-OUTPUT call on the output stream;
STREAM-READ-LINE does not.  Adding it fixes a bug in my app, though
the complete causal chain underlying the bug is not clear; I can't see
how to reproduce the bug in a bare CCL.  But maybe the FORCE-OUTPUT is
sufficiently benign to be added to the official sources anyway?

-- Scott