[Openmcl-devel] memory management and OpenGL trouble

Raffael Cavallaro raffaelcavallaro at mac.com
Thu Sep 16 20:19:07 PDT 2010

On Sep 16, 2010, at 10:43 PM, Gary Byers wrote:

> A number of things in the bridge have changed in the last day or so,
> many of them having to do with how MAKE-INSTANCE's initargs are used
> to select and invoke an ObjC init method.

I'd like to second that suspicion - one of the things I changed in my code to make it work again (apart from the aforementioned cocoa memory management) was to go from:

 (make-instance 'ns:ns-bitmap-image-rep :with-data data)

to:

(#/initWithData: (#/alloc ns:ns-bitmap-image-rep)  data)

or

(#/imageRepWithData: ns:ns-bitmap-image-rep data)

but this was before 1.6-dev-r14265M-trunk (so, 62, 63, or 64), and make-instance appears to be working properly again now in 65 (at least for the tests I just ran with ns-bitmap-image-rep and ns-data).

warmest regards,

Ralph

Raffael Cavallaro
raffaelcavallaro at me.com