[Openmcl-devel] cocoa bridge memory management changes?

Raffael Cavallaro raffaelcavallaro at mac.com
Thu Sep 23 21:05:53 PDT 2010

Has the way memory management is done by the cocoa bridge changed significantly in the last week or so? I have some code that was working fine but now leaks quite a bit and I can't figure out why.

To be specific, I have a custom NSView subclass with some :id slots, and I'd been calling #/release on them in the parent window's #/close method, which worked fine. Now, I get no errors or console warnings, but the memory is not being reclaimed.

warmest regards,

Ralph

Raffael Cavallaro
raffaelcavallaro at me.com