[Openmcl-devel] recent x86 FPU benchmarks

Brandon Van Every bvanevery at gmail.com
Sun Apr 10 21:19:38 PDT 2011

On Sun, Apr 10, 2011 at 7:13 PM, Brandon Van Every <bvanevery at gmail.com> wrote:
> The code is available at
> http://www.cliki.net/Performance%20Benchmarks but it's from 2004 and
> I'm a little leery of diving into a port.  I will probably try harder
> with TCLBG before bothering with that.

Actually, not.  TCLBG appears to be a Unix-specific collection of web
scripts in CVS with no documentation and no helpful discussion in the
user forums.  It's as though everyone already knows what they're doing
and they never have newbies.  I think this means no one cares what's
going on, except people who have been at this a long time.  What I
downloaded from the Files area, looks like an attempt to make
something more sane and user friendly, but it contains almost no
benchmarks.  The 3 that it does contain, do not work.  Looking at the
sources, I don't see any package acquisition or website access code.
WYSIWYG.  It looks like it was built for proof of concept and then
development was dropped.

It would be substantially easier to kick the 2004 benchmarks into
shape, and I say that as someone who doesn't particularly know CL.

Cheers,
Brandon Van Every