[Openmcl-devel] recent x86 FPU benchmarks

Isaac Gouy igouy2 at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 11 07:50:38 PDT 2011

Brandon Van Every <bvanevery <at> gmail.com> writes:

-snip-
> Actually, not.  TCLBG appears to be a Unix-specific collection of web
> scripts in CVS with no documentation and no helpful discussion in the
> user forums.

The Help page suggests you can "use our measurement scripts and publish
measurements for Microsoft® Windows®"

http://shootout.alioth.debian.org/help.php#win32

You haven't ask any questions in the discussion forums about whatever
difficulties you've encountered.

> It's as though everyone already knows what they're doing
> and they never have newbies.  I think this means no one cares what's
> going on, except people who have been at this a long time.  What I
> downloaded from the Files area, looks like an attempt to make
> something more sane and user friendly, but it contains almost no
> benchmarks.  The 3 that it does contain, do not work.

As bug reports go "do not work" isn't very helpful :-)

Maybe you haven't installed the other software required for bencher.py to work
on Windows, maybe you have, who knows?