[Openmcl-devel] init-folder

R. Matthew Emerson rme at clozure.com
Mon Aug 15 09:53:49 PDT 2011

On Aug 15, 2011, at 10:05 AM, Janusz Podrazik wrote:

> this is what I do now each files is mapped.
> the question is how to assign a directory without mapping all files in the init.lisp file.

Are you looking for something like this?  (This would go in
the init file.)

(defparameter *init-directory* #p"ccl:init;") ;or wherever

(defun load-init-directory (dir)
  (let* ((wild (make-pathname :name :wild :type :wild :defaults dir))
	 (files (directory wild :directories nil :files t)))
    (dolist (f files)
      (with-simple-restart (contiune "Skip loading ~s" f)
	(load f :if-does-not-exist nil :verbose nil)))))

(load-init-directory *init-directory*)

Or were you looking for some way to customize the lisp so that
it doesn't load home:ccl-init.lisp at all, but instead looks
somewhere else entirely?