[Openmcl-devel] CCL and the Mac App Store

Andrew Shalit ashalit at learningtouch.com
Wed Dec 21 07:35:04 PST 2011

They did not make us jump through any special hoops.  We did what the documentation says to do in terms of code signing, submitted, and got approved.

By "we" I mean Matt, of course.

Note that we don't know what will happen when Apple starts enforcing its sandboxing rules.  That's part of why we want CCL in the store: so that we ask concrete questions about sandbox in reference to our existing app.  But the potential sandboxing issues aren't related to the fact that CCL is written in Lisp; they're related to the fact that CCL is a development tool and so it wants to be able to do things like have read-write access to multiple files on disk, and know where its home directory is so it can load an init.lisp file.