[Openmcl-devel] SVN-ed file dates

Kevin Reid kpreid at switchb.org
Fri Feb 4 06:36:48 PST 2011

On Feb 4, 2011, at 7:38, peter wrote:

> When downloading updates of CCL via SVN, is there any way to
> preserve original source file dates (if such exists)?  As it is, a,
> "svn co ..." dates (modified and created) all files to the download
> time.

In your .subversion/config,

[miscellany]
use-commit-times = yes

This is not the default of Subversion because for build systems it is
better for modified dates to reflect local change events - you want a
file to be 'newer' and trigger a rebuild even if it changed by going
back in history. I don't know whether this matters for CCL.

--
Kevin Reid                                  <http://switchb.org/kpreid/>