[Openmcl-devel] all I want is a (cocoa) window...

peter p2.edoc at googlemail.com
Wed Jan 12 01:07:26 PST 2011

At 5:39 PM -0500 11/1/11, R. Matthew Emerson wrote:
>Sometimes, all you want is a plain window that you can pop up and
>draw stuff into.

Many thanks for bringing this up. I've been struggling to morph a
constraint frame systems approach into IB/NIB form. I'm sure the
standard speech is that the latter is the only way to go.  But it is
such a relief to hear that nibless graphics is not sin-binned by
Apple.

On my wish list, niblessness added to Paul Krueger's contrib (looking
forward to the next release inc documentation).

Care to volunteer any restrictions/limitations to a nibless approach?
With Jobs saying "all of the new apps of the past few years are
nibless" in 2008, perhaps its not too far off track.