[Openmcl-devel] ARM testing

David Brown lisp at davidb.org
Tue Jan 25 15:00:03 PST 2011

On Tue, Jan 25 2011, Gary Byers wrote:

> On Mon, 24 Jan 2011, David Brown wrote:

> $ cat /proc/PID/maps
>
>   That'll show a textual representation of the mapped memory regions
>   of the process.  On my system, user processes seem to be limited to
>   the low 2GB of the address space, so the end of that output looks
>   like:
>
> 7eca0000-7ecd2000 r-xp 00000000 00:00 0 7edef000-7ee04000 rwxp
> 00000000 00:00 0          [stack]
>
>   On most other ARM Linux systems, the initial thread's stack is around
>   1GB (#x40000000) higher, so you may see numbers around #xbe****** instead
>   of #x7e******.

GCstack_limit is 0xbe9e8000 whereas the memory region is is

be9b5000-be9e7000 r-xp 00000000 00:00 0
beaf8000-beb19000 rwxp 00000000 00:00 0    [stack]

I looks like the CGstack_limit is a little over a MB earlier than the
beginning of the actual stack.  (stack randomization is enabled, so it's
different each time I run it).  It isn't obvious to me where this value
is coming from for the initial stack.

David