[Openmcl-devel] undo size

Gary Byers gb at clozure.com
Thu Jun 9 03:03:14 PDT 2011

In the CCL IDE, undo is handled by an NSUndoManager associated with an
editor document.
The maximum depth of an NSUndoManager's stack can be accessed via
#/levelsOfUndo and
set via #/setLevelsOfUndo: .  The value 0 is the default and indicates that
there's
no fixed limit on the size of the undo stack.

There are several ways of obtaining the NSDocument object; in the example
below,
I had a listener and editor window open, and the listener was frontmost:

? (#/orderedDocuments gui::*NSApp*)
#<NS-MUTABLE-ARRAY (
    "<HemlockListenerDocument: 0x51ee70>",
    "<HemlockEditorDocument: 0x56dcd0>"
) (#x551390)>
? (#/objectAtIndex: * 1)
#<HEMLOCK-EDITOR-DOCUMENT <HemlockEditorDocument: 0x56dcd0> (#x56DCD0)>

When called with an NSDocument, the #/undoManager method will return the
NSUndoManager instance used to track changes to that document.
? (#/undoManager *)
#<NS-UNDO-MANAGER <NSUndoManager: 0x56ee80> (#x56EE80)>
? (#/levelsOfUndo *)
0
?

There might be some behavior that leads you to conclude that the undo stack
in question is limited in size.  If you describe that behavior and how to
reproduce it, someone might be able to explain that behavior and, if it's
incorrect, fix it.

--On June 9, 2011 10:22:23 AM +0200 Janusz Podrazik