[Openmcl-devel] undo size

peter p2.edoc at googlemail.com
Fri Jun 10 10:15:41 PDT 2011

At 4:03 AM -0600 11/6/9, Gary Byers wrote:
>In the CCL IDE, undo is handled by an NSUndoManager associated with
>an editor document.
>[...]

I hope not too OT, but is the NSUndoManager recommended (by others
building apps with CCL) as the undo infrastructure for our lisp
stand-alone application built on Cocoa?

I have rolled my own undo system in lisp (no doubt not as efficient
or robust than Apple's) but in everything I hope to minimize MacOS
dependencies.

In particular, sometimes I need to make undo start persistent between
boots, and fear that I'll struggle to do that with the NSUndoManager.

---

As an aside, I have very many questions of this kind which are not
core CCL issues, but more CCL with the MacOS or Cocoa.  I feel there
must be places for lisp people to discuss things, but assume that
forum may not be on openmcl-devel (I'm sure that Clozure folks know
everything that I could ever need or want to know, but are too busy
for my sort of muddles), the Apple Cocoa-dev list is perforce lisp
unconcerned, perhaps other lisp forums?