[Openmcl-devel] Launcher script should guess the architecture

Bill St. Clair wws at clozure.com
Fri Jun 24 06:38:41 PDT 2011

I stopped using the startup scripts a few years back, when I discovered
that the setting of CCL_DEFAULT_DIRECTORY was no longer necessary. I now
fetch CCL to a convenient directory, e.g. /usr/local/ccl-1.6/, and do:

  sudo ln -s /usr/local/ccl-1.6/lx86cl64 /usr/local/bin/ccl

If I wanted 32-bit CCL, it'd leave off the "64", and maybe name the
soflink ccl-32. Sometimes I override the global install with a soft-link
in ~/bin/

This may well not be kosher, but it works for me.

-Bill