[Openmcl-devel] Incompatibility with Xcode 4?

Gary Byers gb at clozure.com
Mon Mar 14 10:59:46 PDT 2011

In ccl/lisp-kernel/darwinx8664/Makefile at around line 61, the rule for making
.o files from .c files includes

-isysroot /Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.5.sdk

(that's near, but not quite at, the end of that long line).  If you remove
that option, the lisp kernel seems to build.  I don't yet know whether a
kernel built on 10.6 will run on a 10.5 system (I don't have any machines
booted into 10.5 at the moment), but I suspect that if it doesn't it can
be made to do so without requiring that the 10.5 SDK be installed.

The Makefile also wants to use gcc-4.0 specifically; that should change
at some point (people who've never installed XCode 3.x won't have gcc-4.0),
but that's not the immediate problem.