[Openmcl-devel] Updating ccl

Gary Byers gb at clozure.com
Mon May 9 16:31:45 PDT 2011

I imagine that there's some more diagnostic output somewhere; I don't
really know what error code 2 means in this context.

A reasonable guess is that svn tried to replace the running wx86cl.exe
with a newer version.  Windows doesn't allow running executables files
to be replaced (this is a filesystem limitation), and the same limitation
prevents the :FULL T option to REBUILD-CCL from working (that option would
try to recompile and overwrite the running wx86cl.exe.)

Because of this limitation, you basically need to do svn update and build
the kernel outside of the lisp (and with no CCL processes running) and
rebuild the kernel in that same environment.